In today's economic climate, it is crucial that research and development resources are spent wisely and that efforts are targeted at areas most likely to bring high return. Organizations are being asked to increase quality and speed in filing for patents but are reluctant to change their processes. Inventors are overburdened with the new first-to-file process and researchers are therefore being required to work for extended periods on exploring whitespaces and preparing for patent filing. Both IP professionals and inventors are frustrated by the inefficiencies and difficulty in collaborating in this process.
Innography Explorer has been designed to bridge this gap enabling R&D teams to quickly develop an accurate understanding of the IP landscape. Innography Explorer features a simplified workflow interface combined with Innography's industry-leading search, visualization and collaboration capabilities. This enables R&D teams to quickly develop an accurate understanding of the IP landscape without the need for extensive user training in obscure patent search techniques. This empowers an organization’s research workforce to be more productive by giving automated workflow capabilities to the research and development team and freeing IP professionals to focus on more specialized research and analysis.
Apps Included with Innography Explorer
Explorer includes apps specifically designed for inventors to brainstorm product ideas and simplify and speed the invention disclosure process.
Invent to the Market Opportunities: A good idea can get better when you understand recent inventions, whitespaces, and inventors in a similar space. Seeing emerging trends and opportunities around your idea will help shape and capture the full potential of your invention. Collaborating with other inventors can also provide helpful feedback. The Ideation Play allows you to quickly identify:
- Emerging trends for inventions that are similar to your idea
- Areas where similar inventions are just starting to become relevant
- People inside or outside your company that could collaborate as an idea takes shape
Capture essential information needed for patent prosecution
Capture essential information needed
for patent prosecution
Ideation Report sample shows emerging trends to help identify market opportunities
Ideation Report sample shows emerging
trends to help identify market opportunities
Review Related Patent References for Patent Prosecution: Patent prosecution is expensive and time consuming. The Invention Review Play allows the inventor to quickly and easily review the most related references and create a report with relevant information for your attorney or patent review board. The Invention Review Play allows you to quickly identify:
- Earlier patents that could be related to an invention
- Major competitors with patents related to an invention
- Primary jurisdictions where similar patents are being filed
Prepare ideas for the invention disclosure process
Prepare ideas for the invention
Invention Review Report shows related patents that should be reviewed
Invention Review Report shows related
patents that should be reviewed
Innography Explorer Highlights
- Comprehensive Data Sources: Innography accesses nearly 100 million global patent documents and provides crucial strategic context by correlating this patent data with financial and other key business information. By continually cleansing multiple disparate data sources and automatically correlating them on-demand, Innography enables a variety of unique visualizations that help organizations reduce the effort and expenditure associated with patent research.
- Powerful but Simplified Search: Innography enables better search success by providing conceptual search capabilities. Researchers can enter large blocks of text, patent numbers and concepts to find highly relevant documents quickly and accurately. Search systems based solely upon keyword lookup and Boolean queries can be difficult to master leading to missed or inaccurate information. With Innography, researchers can focus on the insight gained and the corresponding impact on development strategy instead of worrying about the specific query techniques needed to ensure accuracy.
- Interactive Visualizations: Explorer generates numerous interactive visualizations to help organizations reduce the effort and expense needed to conduct IP research. These tools enable the mapping of technology trends; classification similarities; market, geographic, company and classification landscapes; assignment relationships; and forward and backward citation mapping.
- Project Collaboration: Explorer enables creation of project work spaces to save search results, upload documents and categorize documents as desired. Colleagues can collaborate on projects, review and share analysis, refine search results and set alert notifications.
Easily examine technology landscapes by portfolio strength and size
Easily examine technology landscapes by
portfolio strength and size
Quickly identify the key inventors in any market
Quickly identify the key inventors
in any market
Clearly visualize competitive landscapes by portfolio size and company resources
Clearly visualize competitive landscapes by
portfolio size and company resources
Analyze filing trends by jurisdiction
Analyze filing trends